Aims & Scope
Prenatal Diagnosis communicates the results of original research in prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis in humans and animal models encompassing:
- all aspects of fetal imaging, including sonography and magnetic resonance imaging
- prenatal cytogenetics, including molecular studies and array CGH
- prenatal screening studies
- fetal cells and cell-free nucleic acids in maternal blood and other fluids
- preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- prenatal diagnosis of single gene disorders, including metabolic disorders
- fetal therapy
- fetal and placental development and pathology
- development and evaluation of laboratory services for prenatal diagnosis
- psychosocial, legal, ethical and economic aspects of prenatal diagnosis
- prenatal genetic counselling
Case reports will be considered but will be published as research letters.
The overriding criteria for publication are scientific merit, originality, and interest to a multidisciplinary audience.